What is tooth extraction?
Tooth extraction is a dental procedure that removes a tooth in a patient’s jaw. This procedure is indicated when cavities, large broken teeth cannot be restored, teeth are loose much due to periodontitis, or teeth that grow out of place or grow underground (common in wisdom teeth). These teeth, if retained, can cause bad effects on the adjacent teeth, as well as cause pain and discomfort for you. When teeth grow crowded, there is no place for braces, some of the least functional teeth are extracted and require high-tech extraction, causing less trauma. Tooth extraction with modern technology is the optimal and quick solution to help you remove unwanted teeth.
Tooth extraction process at hiDental:
Step 1: Examination and counsultation
- The doctor will first examine and advise on the tooth you want to extracted. In case your teeth can still be retained without necessarily extractions, we will advise you on the most effective way to restore the shape and function of those teeth.
Step 2: X-Ray
- When you’ve determined the tooth to be extracted, you will be taken an X-ray to check the factors: how many teeth there are, any abnormalities that make it difficult to extract or whether the root is close to structures (nerves, blood vessels)… This is an extremely important step to ensure your safety.
- At hiDental, we have all the necessary X-ray machines, so you don’t have to go to any other facility to take X-ray. Normally, to save costs, the doctor will offer a low-cost simple 2D X-ray first.
- Later, if an abnormality is detected, you will be assigned to take additional Conbeam-CT films (3D films) to determine the exact location of nearby structures. Avoid unwanted complications like touching or breaking nerves, sinus function, etc.
Step 3: Tooth extraction
After taking the X-ray and estimating the difficulties in the process, the doctor will decide whether you should have minor surgery (incorrectly growing, underground teeth) or on the dental chair (the other cases).
- In order for the extraction process to not be painful, good anesthesia is the key. However, it should be noted that if you suffer from cardiovascular disease or an allergy anesthetic. In that case, immediately report to the doctor can choose the type of anesthetic that suits you.
- After completing the anesthesia, you will no longer feel pain. At this time, the doctor will use professional techniques to gently remove the tooth.
Notes after tooth extraction:
After the extraction, you need to take care of the extracted tooth carefully to recovery quickly and painlessly:
- Bite on cotton balls as the doctor advised. This will help you stop bleeding quickly.
- In some cases, if you need more medicine, your doctor will prescribe it. Remember to take your medicine.
- Do not shock the empty hole with the following methods: touch by your tongue or hands, rinse your mouth and spit hard, chewing food into the hole. These actions may put you at risk of bleeding again.
- If there is anything unusual that worries you, do not hesitate to call or come to hiDental immediately, we will take care of you wholeheartedly and thoughtfully!
When you have a better understanding of the extraction process at hiDental, hope that you will feel safe and comfortable, as well as have a reliable address for your dental experience.
|Tooth extraction||100,000 VND – 3,000,000 VND (depending on the level of treatment)|