What is ceramic tooth?
Ceramic tooth is a type of dental restoration with ceramic crowns over the rest of your teeth (in the case of large or broken teeth) or a bridge on surrounding teeth (to restore missing teeth in the middle).
Advantages of ceramic tooth:
The big advantage of ceramic tooth is that the aesthetics, colors and shapes are very natural and varied. However, not all cases of customers who want to improve aesthetics should make ceramic tooth because the amount of tooth tissue is lost a lot. If possible, choosing porcelain veneers or teeth whitening to improve color will help preserve teeth better.
Ceramic teeth at hiDental:
1. Porcelain fused to metal crown
The entire crown has a metal layer underlying and porcelain/ceramic on top of it. Porcelain selected is a high-class porcelain from Europe. Metal layer made of durable titanium material.
- Advantages: durable, reasonable price
- Disadvantages: The metallic luster from the metal layer makes the crown slightly duller than the real teeth, after years of use may reveal the metal neck.
2. All ceramic teeth:
All dentures are made entirely of ceramic. They have the same natural color as the real ones.
- Advantages: The same color as real teeth, long-term use will not lose aesthetic
- Disadvantages: Expensive price
The process of making ceramic teeth
- The doctor will sharpen your teeth to be smaller. This is a very important stage and depends very much on the technique and experience of the doctor. At hiDental, with the philosophy of “maximal tooth tissue preservation”, the doctors will sharpen just enough to achieve aesthetics but not to waste tooth tissue weakening dentures later.
- Taking your teeth impression to design crowns or bridges in laboratories. While waiting for the real restoration, the root will be covered a temporary crown of white plastic to protect and ensure functionality and aesthetics.
- Doctors try crowns on teeth, make some small adjustments and permanently attach to customers. Normally, it takes about 2-3 appointments to get the ceramic teeth you want.
|1,500,000 – 9,000,000 VND (depending on the level of treatment)